Source: Clean Eating
Prep + Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Yellow Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño or Serrano Chile Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 kg ground Chicken or Turkey
- 1 400g can unsalted fire-roasted diced Tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Cilantro, divided
- 4 Red, Yellow and/or Orange Bell Peppers
- Lime wedges
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground Saffron
- Prepare seasoning: In a small dry skillet on medium-low, toast cumin seeds for 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant, shaking skillet occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 2 minutes. Transfer seeds to a spice grinder; grind to a powder. Transfer cumin to a small bowl and stir in remaining seasoning ingredients.
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and chile; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp seasoning mixture (reserve remaining mixture for use in Meal Plan); stir well. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; then simmer, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro
- Meanwhile, cut bell peppers in half vertically (from stems to bottoms). Remove and discard stems, seeds and membranes. In a large pot, blanch peppers in boiling water, 2 to 3 minutes or just until tender; drain. Fill peppers with chicken mixture.
- For each serving, arrange 2 pepper halves on a plate. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve with lime wedges.