Source: delicious. Australia
Prep + Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup (100g) Cacao Powder, plus extra to coat
- 350g firm Coconut Oil
- 2 cups (500ml) Rice Malt Syrup
- 500g desiccated Coconut
- 100g Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2 tsp each finely grated Beetroot and Turmeric
- 50g Raspberries, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 100g Pistachios, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split, seeds scraped
- To make the glaze, place cacao, 200g oil and 160ml rice malt syrup in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- To make fillings, whiz coconut, protein powder, 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water and remaining 150g oil and 340ml rice malt syrup in a food processor. Divide evenly among 4 bowls.
- Add beetroot and berry to 1 bowl; turmeric, lemon zest and juice to the second; pistachios, lime zest and juice to the third; and vanilla seeds to the last. Stir each to combine. With wet hands, roll 1 tbs mixture into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place extra cacao on a tray. Using 2 forks, dip balls into glaze, allowing excess to drip off. Transfer to cacao and roll to coat. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Store chilled, in an airtight container, for up to 1 month.